<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Subtle but cool 

The NYTimes is changing fonts. I'm sort of a sucker for that sort of thing (in high school when i collected all sorts of news clippings, i liked being able to identify which paper a story came from just by the font), and so the fact that they have a side-by-side comparison of the font transition is just too cool for words.

I think i like the Cheltenham font better [I'm sure the Times is collectively breathing a sigh of relief at my approval], tho I'd have a hard time choosing between it and Bookman Antique (always one of my favorites). I do wonder why they didn't use the same exact text for the Times Cheltenham Medium example -- seems like the whole point would have been to keep the text exactly the same for this. Odd.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed