<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 15, 2005

typography/typesetting links 

I just grabbed the following links from laurashapiro at LJ. I can give no better descriptions than she does:

I want to offer this extremely helpful overview of typography (.pdf) to any type junkies out there (lo, I am one of your number) or other interested people. If you've ever wondered what makes some fonts better-looking than others, or what to call the little bit that hangs off the bottom of a "q", this handout will enlighten you. There is also this series of excerpts from The Mac Is Not A Typewriter, a classic which addresses basic typesetting and desktop publishing concepts like widows and orphans. Great stuff.

Well, she's got me intrigued. :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed